Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Incognito

I am now a student a Hebrew University...and proud.
This means I have a student number on top of my Israeli Identification Number which also differs from your passport number.
I have been given a Hebrew University email address, which I have to check because the course co-ordinator sends her emails to that address.
In order to access that email I was sent a 4 digit password which I then was allowed to change once I had logged on.
Everyone at my campus has a special campus access to computers account.
To log on to the campus computers, I needed my ISraeli ID and student number, and after that I could then choose my own password. Once logged on I was given yet another email account with a different address.
To get onto the library website, I needed to log on with my campus account, and then I had to register to the library so I could borrow, using my Israeli ID number.
To get access to the library from home, I had to fill out a form online and then I was given another username and I had to choose another password.
To take out a book, they needed my student card, even though I registeres with my Israeli ID number, they scanned the student card to check that I had registered.

I don't need another password. That I will inevitably forget.
Everyone knows my email address, which I ahd to write on my application anyway, so why do I need another. You are not making my life easier. You are making my life more annoying.

I think I am an anarchist in disguise. I'm on my usual rant about how much I hate systems, University in particular, and then it dawns on me, maybe I am just a plain old anarchist? How boring to have a label? I do like order though, I like things to work, I just hate systems of authority and beaurocracy. So how does that all fit together....ah what the hell, why not cause some trouble, what I really want is to see the whole thing go up in flames, I am out of the closet...I am an anarchist, but by my definition.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wisey said...

Because people don't understand that if they make life better for the user, the world will be a much better place...take Facebook as an example!

7:07 AM  
Blogger therapydoc said...

When I lived in Israel I thought that the paper work just to breathe would do me in.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home