Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tidbits....

Frustrations first:

I just want to give it up for the girls of 3/12 cheletz, for having me over to crash for the next however long…I so love living out of a suitcase. I am writing in my moleskin, (the preferred notebook of Van Gogh, Chatwin, Hemingway, Matisse and Céline), lists of the things that I want to decorate my room with (but do not necessarily own) when I eventually have one:
- An Armenian tiled mirror
- A fish tank
- A piano
- Fairy lights around my bed post
- My Brett Whiteley poster framed
- My Aboriginal painting
- A bean bag
- A cactus
- I want to grow, basil, mint, parsley and rosemary on my mirpeset so I can cook with them fresh.

I am so sure that Van Gogh, Chatwin, Hemingway, Matisse and Céline used their moleskins to write lists like this, or maybe they had a place to live and didn’t need to fantasize about it.

Achievements next:

I understood an entire entry in Dr’s notes today at work, a major achievement (it was in Hebrew) so that’s pretty cool. Feeling more and more like I know what I am doing which you know is always good when there’s a person’s health involved.

Israel stuff:

I was going to put up a picture up of the winter ball, I was feeling very Scarlett O’Hara in my emerald green dress, and while I was in that mood, I always have her father’s words echoing in my ears ‘…land's the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for, because it's the only thing that lasts.’
Bearing that in mind, I can’t really ignore the evacuation of Amona last week. While I was showing off my tan (at least one hot guy noticed which made my night), other people were losing their homes or had lost their homes. People talk about ‘the evacuation’ as in from Gaza as if it was and is the only evacuation going on, but this is a continuing policy, people need t be aware and remember that.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home