Tuesday, December 06, 2005

On Vacation

For those who don’t know, I am currently visiting my family in Sydney. In other words, helping my sister look after her new baby, whilst juggling my older nephew. It seems almost inappropriate for me to ‘blog’ while I am away from Israel, as the purpose initially was to keep people in touch with how my Aliyah is going, what sort of trouble I’m getting into, Bridget Jones events etc. Now I seem to be getting quite addicted to this thing, to the point where the amount of time I spend thinking about whether daily events in my life are ‘blog worthy’ is slowly becoming equal to the amount of time I spend pondering what food I should eat for each meal of the day i.e. considerable. I have always said that all I can do is laugh at all the irony in my life, and so I guess this way, the whole world is laughing with me.

How My Aliyah is Going:

‘Weeeell’ (Pronounced like Samantha says it in Bewitched). I’m writing about my Aliyah to Israel whilst sitting in Sydney, seems almost like I’m missing the point of Aliyah, which is to be in Israel. So far this year, I have met really cool people, and improved my Hebrew. I haven’t really succeeded on the getting a job and apartment part of the Aliyah process. The job part - not really my fault since they changed all these laws regarding Physiotherapy on me, everything is sort of a bit of a bureaucratic mess. So I am trying to work for a little while in Sydney so I can have money to spend on breakfast at Tal Bagel’s on Friday mornings. Not to mention experience in my profession. Contrary to popular belief, I do plan on going back, ticket is booked for end of Jan, but I am more than willing to say that if I get a good job here, then I will stay for a while.

It’s all a bit complicated. Licensing, continuing education, family, distance, money and future are all issues running around in my head at the moment and it’s confusing and I keep changing my mind all the time. I guess I have 2 homes, I love them both, they both have pro’s and con’s and at the end of the day, I want to be in Israel building a life, but I have my profession which I bothered to study 4 years and work in, and I like it….soooo…aaarrrgh…..

For now I think I will just enjoy the gorgeous Summer in Sydney, currently 33° and sitting at an internet café on Bondi Beach, about to head there for a swim, tan and read my book.

Random Events:

I broke the key to the car whilst it was in the key hole of the boot of the car. I am being set up with Random person via my sister’s in-laws, I was just told, not asked, that this was going to occur. They think that if I get a boyfriend here, then I will stay and then my sister and family will not make Aliyah either. Did a bit of research on him and found out he’s quite religious of the Shomer Negia variety which brings me to my next topic

How to Sabotage a date with a Religious Guy:

We arranged to meet at the beach, so I dressed in beach attire – a swimming costume.

10 Comments:

Blogger Wisey said...

You little bitch!
Loving it!
Keep me posted

7:09 PM  
Blogger Gilly said...

Excellent!

Missing you - come back soon!,

Gilly

10:28 PM  
Blogger gils said...

wisey - like the pic
gilly - I miss u and Mrs G, A LOT!!!
elif - In true auzzie style it would be a cozi short for costume. Been doing a bit fo shopping, colours that are in this season are sort of a champagne/dirt brown and a pink orange.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

That beach date must have provided the guy with unending stories for his mates!

12:23 PM  
Blogger gils said...

josh - well you know I like to give people something to talk about...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Wisey said...

Hey Gilly,
I'm catching up to your site meter stats in leaps and bounds.

Frum single...have I got a great match for you!

2:02 PM  
Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

Hope it's going well in Australia.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gils - Wisey said it the best... you bitch. If you dont want to go out with the guy then pick up the phone... dont give him a heart attack. especially if it's part of an evil plan for you to stay there.
miss your craziness.
btw, I am now, like you a blogger:
http://brilliantbrill.blogspot.com/
Tell me what you think.

5:56 AM  
Blogger gils said...

ifyouwillit - Oz is fun is the sun. Getting a tan, spending a lot of time with my sister and nephews.
dannybrill - As you know me, I will take the bitch comment in jest, jsut keeping it real, like your blog, note you are now a link on my site!
evan - so sorry I didn't get a chance to see you before I left, send my love to wendy and Ido, the gang here are all well..I am catching up with Gid this week...

2:16 AM  
Blogger gils said...

Tibby's just re-opened, katzy's (the pie shop) does have amazing food but over priced, adn there's a new milky restaurant called milk and honey...it's average...the food is better at my house 9my mother works for the best kosher caterer in sydney..)

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home