Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Something Funny

It was brought to my attention here that my blog has been a bit humourless of late and so I thought I would write this amusing vignette just cause it was funny at the time and to take a break from my serious adventures of late.

I had gone out for a Sunday morning much-needed coffee, with a guy who I have been hanging out with recently. We were having a nice time, discussing the world’s problems and I mentioned the book Atlas Shrugged. He responded that it was interesting that I mentioned that book because his ex-girlfriend of two years ago (who I happen to be friends with) used to talk about it a lot.

We hung out a bit after the coffee lazying around Oxford St shops and when it came to saying goodbye the conversation went like this:

Him: Thanks for a lovely day _____(insert ex-girlfriend’s name here)
I give a look of disdain
Him: What? What’s wrong?
Me: Think about what you just said!
Him:….Oh…that wasn’t a Freudian slip
Me: Uh I think it was!
He tries to mumble an explanation
Me: Talk to the Hand
I gracefully lift my hand and place it in his face as I turn around and walk away

These mere males…what shall we do with them?

1 Comments:

Blogger Wisey said...

Oh!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home