Monday, November 28, 2005

Sydney

Sydney from Observatory Hill

It's almost impossible for me to look at this view after returning from a time travel in a sense and not think of the childhood book Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park. Whilst wandering in my favourite bookshop on Bondi Beach I found myself in the middle between a tourist guide of Ruth Park's Sydney and a short story book by Etgar Keret...the Israeli writer de jour. I wandered back and forth between the two as I couldn't decided which to buy, I ran my finger up and down their spines and flipped through the pages trying to pick up on a word or sentence that would convince me which one I should choose.
I left the shop empty handed, and it wasn't the pendular pacing that seemed to bother me, it was the fact that I left empty handed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeru Guru said...

Gertrude & Alice was it?

JG

4:20 AM  
Blogger gils said...

Gertrude and Alice is a great place, but the one I was in was called BOOKSHOP it's opp Ravesi's. I am glad that Catcher in the Rye is one of your fav books....

5:58 AM  
Blogger tonch said...

You should have gotten the Ruth Park book, she's awesome :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home