Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year Etc Etc

For those who have just tuned in, I am currently on holidays visiting my family in Sydney. This entails spending a lot of time at the beach getting an amazing tan and looking at the talent on display….which is not bad.


New Year’s Eve was spent raging to Fat Boy Slim with 15000 others at Bondi Beach…the vibe was awesome…New Years Day was spent by the pool, I made a BBQ for my friends, we ate and swam and attempted to chill to summer beats in the 41 degree heat.


New Gregorian Year Resolutions?

1) Drink more wine/vodka/alcoh

2) Travel to Vienna and Barcelona

3) Travel up the east coast of Oz before I go back to Israel

4) Try be nicer to people who bug me, it’s not their fault.

5) Try not to throw up on anymore on dates

6)Try not to fall for guys who are really hot and can therefore get whoever they want, and usually do, which as a consequence leaves me wanting them and them already pashing someone else, and only calling me when they are available.

7) Try think of nicer let down lines than ''I can’t hear you it’s really loud in here"

8) Try not to do the text message/ email/ phone call/ turning up on the door step at 11pm of the hot guy(s) in no.6

9) Try earn some money at some point, maybe soon even

10) Try to keep my big mouth shut and not stir up trouble amongst my friends (G-d I think I could use some help with this one)

11) Try get an amazing tan so I can look awesome at the Winter Ball in Feb

12) Try and think before I act (who am I kidding)

13) Try and remember that Georg Jensen jewelry will only give me happiness that is fleeting.

14) Try to remember the limit on my credit card does not mean that is how much is available for me to spend

15) Try not to be rude when people first meet me, I know it scares them away

16) Thank G-d a bit more

17) Try be less cynical and laugh more at all the stupid situations I get myself into like no.6

18) Try not to think about no.6

19) Repeat no.1 until I do no.18

20) Try speaking the Hebrew that I learned in Ulpan

Here’s a little update for those who miss me and care:

I’ve been reading: John Safron Foer/ Jack Kerouac

I’ve been listening to: Winston Giles Orchestra

I’ve been watching: Grey’s Anatomy/Jamie Oliver/ Simpsons

I’ve been eating: Food without oil

I’ve been kissing: My Nephews

I’ve been driving: But not sure of my licence status (see my first blog entry)

I’ve been missing: Israel

I've been most quoted saying: 'ish'

I've been buying: clothes whenever mine are dirty instead of washing them

I've been spending most of my time with: That funky girl about town...Roni :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Wisey said...

Ohhh Gilly...chin up dude. And can you hang out with me more so I make your blog?

3:15 PM  
Blogger gils said...

eli - no matter how tanned I am, I will still coem with to eilat

wisey - should my next profile be on you? It would be interesting reading that's for sure!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Wisey said...

willis....... what you talkin' 'bout?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your blog really is neat.
i envy the heat in austrailia.
chicago is very cold 30 but F not C...
mazal tov on the new baby.
israel is totally worth it,keep on figthing.
i wish the same for me...

7:20 PM  
Blogger gils said...

chicagog - thank-you for your comment, believe it or not, I have never been to America, so I hope to make it to Chicago at some point...

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home