Sunday, February 19, 2006

Random thoughts...

I am waiting for the dud to warm up my water so I can have a shower, feeling primitive this morning because I can’t roll out of bed and have a hot shower on demand. Not to worry though since I am already wet all over due to a failed attempt to wash my face. I became drenched because the location of where the water comes out of the tap relative to the sink is so far away that water goes everywhere whenever you try to use the sink...why do they do that?

Reviewing plans made a few years ago to move to Israel and marry a hot Dr, mainly because all the Dr’s that work in my hospital are Russian and not hot, that and I can’t understand their Ruski accents.

I have been enjoying of late going around to Americans/Brits and telling them that Sydney airport doesn’t look like how it is portrayed on LOST. Currently also feeling lost since I have finished watching series 1 and I am desperately downloading series 2 but it is taking too much time…a plea to anyone out there who can give me series 2 episodes…

Re: Apartment issues…have been attending interviews to be a potential room mate, but sort of leave them thinking that I should have been interviewing them…my sister reminded me that even in ‘The Spanish Apartment’ they interviewed potential room mates, and I reminded her that my life isn’t a movie that she gets weekly installments of even though that is superficially how it appears, since we speak once a week and generally the conversation ends with her saying ‘let me know what happens next…’.
Next thing you know she will record my voice on her answering machine when I leave messages and play it over again like she’s taped her favourite episode….Oh wait, she already does that.

Last Saturday night as I was peering through a haze of cigarette smoke, at a friend getting harassed by what looked like a 16 year old ‘just walked off MTV I have attitude’ kid because she was in the way while we were playing a game of pool, I reminisced about smoke-free pubs/bars in Sydney. After a night out, I would come home and my hair would not be smell like an ashtray. I know there is going to be divine retribution somewhere along the line and I will most likely die of passive smoke inhalation, since I am so against smoking, until then though I will continue to advocate

I hear that shower calling me now...

4 Comments:

Blogger Wisey said...

You do know Lost is filmed in Hawaii...?

2:59 PM  
Blogger gils said...

dave - good idea
wisey - they ahve flashbacks to Sydney though eg when Walt and his Dad were in the hotel and they showed the view of the Harbour Bridge, and also when Sayid was walking in Martin Place....but the airport is fake.

11:16 PM  
Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

I hate the dud problem this country suffers from. Could I borrow Lost S1? Neither of us got round to blogging about the "blog party" for tomorrow, guess we'll have to get round to it some other time.

Hope all's well after the hot shower.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

nice blog (just discovered it)
:)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home