Sunday, May 04, 2008

Turkish Delight and other stuff


In Turkey, everyone wants to know where you are from. So I had taken on a habit of asking everyone that you encounter...where are you from??

Back in Israel, in line at the Israeli passport check. An Arab-Israeli goes to me "Where are you from?" I reply back cheekily..." I am from Israel..where are you from?"...to which he replies" No you do not look Israeli!... I am from Azza...do you know Azza? It no longer exists...it is now Tel-Aviv Ilit". In other words...now part of greater Tel-Aviv...I found this viewpoint...literally straight from the source striking.
Back home...walking past my neighbour...Shlomo Ben Shlomo...I pointed out to him that my flag is bigger than his...to which he responded...Yes, but he has 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home