Monday, April 10, 2006

Anniversary

Well it has been a year since I made Aliyah...granted I spent some of the past year in Australia, I still feel it is a cause for celebration that one year on I can still be find on the streets of Jerusalem.

A few things that I have noticed since I have arrived:
-I'm a little bit wiser (I don't bother reading Jeru Guru anymore)
- I'm not entirely Israeli yet (I can't bring myself to by plastic sandals i.e. crocs)
-Sundays are becoming my Mondays due to the fact that I now work on them and typical Monday Morningitis has started to occur, but on Sundays(last week I was 10m away from the entrance to work when a car came by and drove through a huge puddle splashing me head to toe, this week I forgot my reading glasses..you get the picture)
- I still answer to Olah Chadashah (new immigrant) I wonder how much longer I can pull that off for...
- I get pissed off when people think that I am American (I literally screamed at the taxi driver last night when he said it...poor guy...but not the first guy to be on the receiving end of my wrath)
- I have met interesting people and made heaps of new friends, some of whom have really helped me settle in...I am very indebted to Neil, Aliza, Susie, Carmi, Danny, Dave, Shira, Ilana and Becca...for Shabbat Dinners, a place to crash and solving general life issues...
- I am living and contributing positively to a society that I care about (I got to vote in the election)

My aim for next year is to provide visuo-spatial training to all of Israeli society so they will not walk into me everytime I am on a sidewalk, bus, supermarket whatever, I do not want to be bumped into by random people all the time, there is no need, look where you are going and do not hit me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on one year! I love your blog. P.S. You should be honored that people refer to you as an American ;)

-Reader in Boston

8:44 AM  
Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

Wow, time flies. Mazal Tov on the first year, chag sameach.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home