Friday, March 31, 2006

The Week in Review

I got all dressed up. I had on a skirt that accentuated my curves. I pinned a flower to my shirt. I did my best French look for the French party, which a friend described as: "We will be the only people in the room who didn't buy a $4000 belt for the party". I even had a practiced line: "My sister told me that any guy who takes my number and doesn't call, must be gay", I know the the line is truly offensive, but I was truly pissed off. I said it over and over again in my head.

I walked in, confidence at an all time high. I scanned the crowd - hadn't arrived yet. Walking around with petite, graceful, elegant movements (mainly because I couldn't move in my skirt). I receive a piece of information 'He went away for the weekend'....aaaarrrrgh!

I sat down next to the chocolate bowl and devoured half of it. To make me feel better I started chatting up someone else, turns out I have another pre-requisite. If you think Pedro Almodovar is a brand of Italian shoes then don't talk to me.

We leave.

We enter another party.

I find a JD salinger reading, Spanish film viewing guy who ends the conversation with: 'You see I have this lesbian girlfriend. It's not really going anywhere, I'm trying to figure it out, and now there's you in the puzzle.'
Seriously????????
Seriously!!!!!!!!
Sometimes I ask myslef why do I leave my house?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeru Guru said...

Oh dear. Are people really that stupid and ignorant? He won best original screenplay for Talk to Her.

Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! was sensational.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Wisey said...

It feels like a piece of your puzzle is missing...

I think we need further elaboration.

And you leave the house so you can witness people actually wearing $4000 belts.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home