Friday, May 23, 2008

Going Green

I have been made aware recently about all the "Green" developments around Israel. I often used to complain about the lack of re-cycling here and how I miss having 5 bins for organic/ plastic + glass/ aluminium/ paper and general garbage. It's good to know though that Israel is concerned with all this stuff and is in some ways 'pioneering', which is one of my favourite words to associate with Israel.

So I wanted to bring your attention to this great blog: http://greenprophet.com/ which will keep you in touch with green stuff happening in Israel...I think it's really cool...and I have met one of the contributers...does that make me cool? Probably not, but it's worth a try...happy reading!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Phoebe said...

I think going green is something that everyone can agree is a step in the right direction toward building a better community, and laying down the foundations for which future generations can successfully thrive in a healthier environment. Plus, I think many businesses will benefit from going green, not only building a more acceptable public persona, but in the long run it really helps companies save money and be a positive contributor to the world we live in.

Another thing I want to talk about is bioheat, it’s just one small measure that people can take in order to start living a greener lifestyle.

Has anyone ever heard of it, or has switched to it? I want to start taking initiative in turning my home into a greener household, one way I have started is by switching out all my lightbulbs in my home to energy efficient lightbulbs. And I am also seriously considering switching over to bioheat as an alternative to regular oilheat. The thing that I love the most about it is that it’s completely clean burning, and is comprised of a b5 blend of oils which are derived from natural plant and vegetable sustainable resources such as corn, hemp, and avocados just to name a few. If you all want more information on how bioheat works, just go on to http://oilheatamerica.com/index.mv?screen=bioheat I work with NORA to bring this info to you all!

5:23 PM  
Blogger gils said...

thanks for the info! Also check out shai agassi and his electronic car! his blog is: http://shaiagassi.typepad.com/

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home